Bookrenter - PISSED

1.6
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I would advise NO ONE use book renter! They have stolen 140$ from my account after I have sent proof that my book was sent back to the warehouse a week before it was due!

No one has contacted me back besides automated BS emails and there is no way to get a hold of anyone that runs this company. THIEVES!!!

I will take them to court if they do not return my money. If any one would like to go in with me to sue this company just contact me enoch_christopher11@yahoo.com this is the worst company and i will never use them ever ever again.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue at Bookrenter. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $149 and wants Bookrenter to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was steal your money. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Amazon. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Bookrenter and bookrenter customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Willis, Texas, United States #1208901

they charged me full price on 3 books because i was out of state and forgot to return them. i have confirmation from post office they were received back to bookrenter on 8/26 and i still havent got my refunds for all three books yet.

i cant find a number to talk to a live person, i never get a response via email. this is ***

Bookrenter - Stay away!!!!!!

Jupiter, Florida 0 comments
1.1
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I can not believe how unprofessional is this people affecting their customers and they do not even care, I order a book on 7/19 I pay extra for 2 day shipping so with the 2 day processing the book should to be in my house by 7/22 o 7/25 at the very latest, i been calling and chatting and sending request but they never have an answer, bottom line is 7/26 and the book still in warehouse!!!!!!! They did not even processed yet!!!! ANd finally today in one of the calls they say that they need some extra information (BS) but never call or email me or anything NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL to let me know what they need to process and ship the book but that is not all they do not even address the issue they forward you to another department that you have to call which by the way do not open until 10am PTS so if you are in East coast you already lose another day until you can contact them and still waiting for them to call or address the issue,

I was in urgent need of the book to study for a test and never ever got it so if you really need a book, value your time and money STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! as much as you can from this fraudulent company.

ps: Still waiting... no book, no refunds,,,,no nothing!

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to "overnight the book to me at no cost for me and refund of the 2 day shipping since you never delivered and do not even contact me to address issue". nubia is overall dissatisfied with Bookrenter. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Amazon that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Bookrenter.

Check out the best and the worst companies in E-commerce category for more informed decision or compare Bookrenter to other companies on our site.

Bookrenter - DISHONEST--WILL NOT USE AGAIN

Babylon, New York 0 comments

Upon returning two books to two different renters, my daughter mixed up the editions of the same book. Bookrenter swore they received the correct book.

The other renter then returned Bookrenter's book (and charged me $115 for the one Bookrenter kept). After two months of trying to resolve, I provided Bookrenter with the USP # of their book that I had in my possession and provided them with a label I paid for to request return of the other, more expensive book. They then claimed they "discarded or recycled" the more expensive book.

While I know they cannot be held responsible for books returned in error, they continued to lie about receiving the "correct" book until I had proof that they couldn't have, then relieved themselves of responsibility. Terrible customer service, ran me in circles for two months with ridiculous responses.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of bookrenter book rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $115. Bookrenter needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned bookrenter book rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Bookrenter. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Amazon.

Don't rent from Bookrenter

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1 comment

I ordered a calculator which costs 90.00 if I purchase online, but I didn't have the full amount so I rented from bookrenter. Places like amazon and cengage let you rent and they subtract the amount you previously rented from the costs of the book if you decide to purchase.

This lousy company allows a 14 day extension, but I forgot to extend it again. They charge my credit card 102.00 for a used calculator and they told me I own it now.

There are much better places to rent from, with better customer care. Please, I beg you don't give bookrenter your business.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue at Bookrenter. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $102 and wants Bookrenter to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was steal your money. Author liked the most quick delivery. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Amazon. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Bookrenter bookrenter book rental for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

This is happening to me too. I was charged $203 for a book i shipped with the wrong label on accident and they said that they can't find me in their system. It's bs.

Bookrenter - Unclear and vague shipping info

Oakland, California 0 comments

Ordered book with expedite delivery (extra pay) in 1-2 business days, 5 days later a book still not delivered. Had late school assignment because didn't get book as was stated.

Once order placed it does not indicate approximate date of delivery. Customer service is no help. When chatted with Support Center, they sending me their routine processing link. It seemed to me they were not really trying to work with my issue, just standard phrases.

I don't think I would buy or rent from them again.

Don't know the quality of the product and return process yet. So far not pleased with the way the BookRenter conducts their business.

This reviewer shared experience about problem with delivery and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Bookrenter. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Bookrenter - They sell damaged books

Los Angeles, California 0 comments

So I went from ordering a 3-month rental to receiving a useless, damaged book, to bookrenter promising to expedite a shipping of a replacement, to not receiving that replacement, and having to contact them to find out the problem, to them telling me that the item wasn't in stock anymore. I then told them I would just work around the damaged one since there isn't a replacement available and they flat out said no.

They said that their system will not let them change the out of stock replacement order, so I will have to send the damaged book back within 30 days or I will get charged full price for the book. I was like WTF??? So they would rather lose the business??

Well that's fine by me, I will never order from them again. (Especially since this was the second time I ordered a rental book that came damaged and useless.)

This person wrote the review about Bookrenter. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Bookrenter to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Amazon. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Bookrenter text book for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Bookrenter - Terrible Company

Carmel, New York 0 comments
2.5

I was encouraged to rent early from bookrenter.com as the due date would be the same as if I had waited until the first day of class.

My son's professor changed the requirement so he was unable to use the ebook at all. Bookrenter gives the renter 2 weeks to return the book and is now the recipient of $75.00 for a 125 day rental. They will not give me a refund or credit or anything.

I will never use bookrenter again. BUYER/RENTER BEWARE!! I have been renting textbooks for 8 years and have never had such a bad experience.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of bookrenter book rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $75. Bookrenter needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Bookrenter - Unreal customer "service

Spring, Texas 0 comments

I ordered/rented 6 books on 1/2/15 which said would be here on 1/12. Well, package showed up yesterday with LOTION in it and no books!

When I contacted customer service, they said they sometimes mix things up because they have so many distributors. Really???? Their response was to send out 3 of the books and tell me that 3 were now out of stock. When I looked up on web the books were available, but at a higher price.

Again, really? I have not received a refund for the 3 books as yet, nor have I received the 3 other replacement books. I will never use this company again and hope they improve their customer service. I have never had such a problem with another company as this one.

Extremely long wait times for phone support, and then a 24 hour wait for a supervisor who didn't even call, but wrote email! UGH!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of book rental. Bookrenter needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned book rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Bookrenter. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Amazon.

Bookrenter - Book Review from Houston, Texas

Houston, Texas 0 comments
3.1

Ordered book, takes 1-2 days to process, says shipped UPS but actually ships via UPS that hands book off to local UPS-mi facility. Book sat at two facilities for 2-3 days each before being processed to continued to be shipped, then handed to my local USPS to be delivered.

I received the book in three weeks. The shipping is slow and when I contacted UPS, customer service told me to check the usps.com site to track order. I will NEVER order from Bookrenter again.

I'll stick with Amazon or Chegg where books are delivered in 3-5 days.

Bookrenter - Horrible Customer Service

Naperville, Illinois 1 comment

"The worst customer service ever! They have a horrible phone system and website that doesn't always allow chat.

I left my phone number twice, I tried to chat several times, I wrote numerous emails over the span of 5 days and I received one phone call finally last night (day 5). One person emailed me and the info was incorrect and he never replied back to me after I explained everything. One day the book rental price went up extremely high on one of my books so I had to cancel that specific book. I was told that I would get 10% off when I clicked rental and don't be fooled; it's the same price.

I am so frustrated and upset with this horrendous company. To top it off, the books came to my home today and not to my daughters school and I clicked her address. I saw her address and clicked it! I have no energy left to try and call and complain because they won't call back.

My advice is not to use BookRenter! Very disappointing company :( "

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with prices. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of book and associated monetary loss in the amount of $21. Bookrenter needs to "credit 10% on my charge card now. do not give me credit!" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned book in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Bookrenter. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Amazon.

Naperville, Illinois, United States #941524

Happy to report that I was contacted by BookRenter and was given the measly 10% which is what was coming to me. I didn't ask for much from the beginning...just my coupon that wouldn't show up :) They were very accommodating and helpful once I was able to have a "real" person to deal with.