Bookrenter - Stay away!!!!!!

1.1
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I can not believe how unprofessional is this people affecting their customers and they do not even care, I order a book on 7/19 I pay extra for 2 day shipping so with the 2 day processing the book should to be in my house by 7/22 o 7/25 at the very latest, i been calling and chatting and sending request but they never have an answer, bottom line is 7/26 and the book still in warehouse!!!!!!! They did not even processed yet!!!! ANd finally today in one of the calls they say that they need some extra information (BS) but never call or email me or anything NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL to let me know what they need to process and ship the book but that is not all they do not even address the issue they forward you to another department that you have to call which by the way do not open until 10am PTS so if you are in East coast you already lose another day until you can contact them and still waiting for them to call or address the issue,

I was in urgent need of the book to study for a test and never ever got it so if you really need a book, value your time and money STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! as much as you can from this fraudulent company.

ps: Still waiting... no book, no refunds,,,,no nothing!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bookrenter Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: overnight the book to me at no cost for me and refund of the 2 day shipping since you never delivered and do not even contact me to address issue.

Bookrenter - Charged For My Inconvenience

I ordered an incorrect book, and after I immediately realized, tried to cancel my order. Unlike every other reasonable online retailer, Bookrenter.com does not allow order cancellations.

Instead, you must be inconvenienced to wait for them to ship it to you so that you can be charged to ship it back. I could have very reasonably prevented them from shipping the book in the first place. But that would make too much sense.

The shipping is only $7, so it's not a big deal, but the principle is that after I submitted a complaint, their *** customer service refused to refund the shipping. Again, $7 is no big deal, but when you go to a restaurant and are not pleased with the meal, it's no question that you're served something else and not charged for the sub-par service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bookrenter Shipping Service.

Comments

#602077

Actually BookRenter.com advertises free shipping both ways as well as a 21 day no questions asked return policy. Says so, right on their homepage. Are you sure you don't have them confused with another similarly named rental service?

to bookrenterfan Dallas, Texas, United States #666756

It's really cute when someone who works for bookrenter tries to save their reputation in a manner such as this. If bookrenter advertises that, that's false advertisement.

Bookrenter has been reported to the BBB by myself and my sister, because they charge people for things that the customer did not authorize. They will not cancel an order, will not remove your credit card information, and will not allow you to delete your account once it has been created. They charged my sister for books TWICE that she ordered ONCE, then charged her for another book that they said was out of stock. She refused the package and had to contact her bank to dispute the charge in order to get any type of refund.

This site is a SCAM. I wouldn't wish this type of service on my worst enemy.

to bookrenterfan #859276

Actually, BookRenter.com only provides free shipping if your order is over a certain amount. If your order is under that amount, you have to pay for shipping.